Monday, May 6, 2013

Final Project

So, I just finished the last electronic literature project for this class. I worked more on the lexia than anything else. I really wanted to incorporate some kind of gif or intricate movement like I did in my previous piece, but it just didn't seem to fit with my concept. I felt like it took away from the overall piece, so I kept the animation minimal. My project ended up being a hypertext poem with some animated elements.

I used Powerpoint to create my hypertext, instead of Google sites and it actually worked out pretty well. I was able to fade the lexia in and link to both other slides and outside sources. I also added sound elements to some sides.

The map of my project is a series of slides linked together. Each slide connects to another 2-3 slides via links. Some are dead links. I tried my hand at creating an electronic literature piece that doesn't have a so-called end and I think I successfully accomplished it. The fact that my piece doesn't have an "end," is integral to the meaning of the piece.

I urge my readers to explore the piece in it's entirety  There are some dead ends in the piece, but they have a meaning. Think about the path you took to get to a certain outcome. You'll realize it's more interconnected than you originally thought. And don't navigate the piece like you would normally navigate a Pwerpoint. Use the links only (or you'll really confuse yourself and totally miss out on the symbolic meaning!)

So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy! **Remember you have to download it in order to have it play correctly**


No comments:

Post a Comment